Alfredo sauce is easily one of the unhealthiest sauces out there. Alfredo sauce contains a lot of milk, cream, cheese, salt, sugar and so forth. The sauce alone contains about 250 calories, is so low in nutrient value and contains a ton of allergens. This is why most people feel symptoms of heaviness, bloating and gas. Nona Vegan’s pasta sauces are awesome because the only ingredients in these are nuts and spices, and it tastes even better than commercial sauces. Substitute bad fats and sugars with good fats and spices. This is something that my family and I make pretty regularly as it is really easy, and healthy!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Nona Vegan alfredo sauce
- 1 bag of organic wild caught shrimp
- 2 spiralized zucchinis
- 1/3 of a bag of buckwheat noodles
- 2 tomatoes
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 3 tbsp hemp hearts
- Sea salt
- Olive oil
- Start by adding oil and chopped garlic into a saucepan on low, as well as boiling water to cook the noodles.
- Add in shrimp and let it cook until fully done. You can add any spices to the shrimp here.
- Dice the mushrooms and tomatoes and add them into the saucepan on medium heat.
- After 15 minutes, add in half a glass of Nona vegan sauce and buckwheat noodles on low, and let it simmer.
- Before serving, add in the zucchini noodles and allow them to lightly simmer with the pasta in the saucepan.