Although I love being in the kitchen, baking does not come naturally to me. So, I’ve been trying to get myself into testing out more dessert recipes. I’ve been loving breads lately, and this one is definitely going to be the summer go to. It’s light but sweet- the perfect summer barbeque dessert.
Here’s how to make it:
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup oil (I prefer olive or avocado)
- 1-1 ½ cup sugar of your choice (I prefer cane sugar)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups shredded and squeezed dried zucchini
- ¾ cup of fresh, diced pineapple (can you canned if you prefer)
- 3 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ raisins
- ¼ chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar until fluffy. Make sure you do not over beat them.
- Add in zucchini and pineapple.
- Add in all dry ingredients, walnut, raisin, chocolate chips in the mix.
- Pour batter into a large pan or two medium sized pans.
- Bake for one hour, or when the batter looks firm.
- Remove from oven, and allow it to sit before serving. You can also freeze it to save for later.
That’s it, I hope you enjoy the recipe!