These mini vegan cheesecakes may be the yummiest and easiest desserts I have ever made! I participated in the Garden of Life Bloggers Challenge last month, which consisted of a few Canadian products that had to be modelled into a unique recipe. With protein powder, hemp hearts, freezies, and granola, I came up with this recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Here’s how to make it:
Ingredients for crust
- ¾ cup pecans (or granola)
- 1/3 hemp hearts
- 7 medjool dates
- ¼ shredded coconut
Ingredients for filling
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup frozen berries of choice
- ¼ raw honey
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup protein powder (optional)
- Soak cashews for three hours in water. Remove pits from the dates and soak them for 10-15 minutes in warm water to soften them.
- In a food processor, add dates, pecans, hemp hearts, and shredded coconut. Mix until it forms a sticky consistency.
- Add in 2 tablespoons of the mix into each muffin template, and place in the freezer for half an hour.
- In a blender, mix in soaked cashews, raw honey, ½ cup berries, coconut oil, lemon juice, and sea salt. Mix until a creamy consistency forms.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the creamy filling on top of each muffin template.
- Take the other ½ cup of berries (best if melted, or use a non-frozen freezie) and mix in a blender. Take 1 tsp of blended berries and dollop on top of the cashew filling with a toothpick.
- That’s it! Keep them in the freezer for up to 30 days and enjoy.